I'M GONNA BLOW UP.

Well blog-o-sphere. It's been a while. Since Christmas even. Life is crazy and wonderful. 
I feel like sometimes, God stitches extra moments and hours into our days. It's like He gives us extra hours to be productive and hours to reflect Him and rest in the perfect peace that only He can supply. Savor these little moments--what a Good Father we have. 
Froomies
I could go on forever about everything that the Lord has taught me in the past four months, but instead, I'm going to be doing several blog posts through out the week, usually I'll do about one a month, but I've been slacking on blogging and learning a lot, so I figured I could spam up my own blog page just a little bit.
God has laid some huge things on my heart this year and has taught me some crazy lessons that I would love to relay to the rest of the interweb. But for now, here's just a little overflow of the joy that I've been bursting with recently.
I feel kind of like King Dave, and this isn't a comparison that I make out of pride or ignorance. You know how lost in the Lord he gets throughout scripture? I know without a doubt that the same joy of the Lord that caused him to dance naked in the streets of Jerusalem, and the same joy that led him to write the Psalms is currently saturating my heart.


And David danced before the LORD with all his might. And David was wearing a linen ephod.(2 Samuel 6:14 ESV) 
In 2 Corinthians 7, Paul writes about how he is "overflowing with joy."
I am acting with great boldness toward you; I have great pride in you; I am filled with comfort. In all our affliction, I am overflowing with joy.(2 Corinthians 7:4 ESV)  
My stud-of-an-Impact Partner
I JUST FEEL SO FULLThis year has been one of crazy service and pouring out of love, and the Lord has been faithful to constantly supply refills--for free even. It's every college kid's dream. I know what it is  to truly thirst no more, Jesus was right. Classic Jesus. We as believers have become springs, welling up to--bursting with--eternal life. Use this overflow of the Spirit inside of you to further the gospel! 
but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”(John 4:14 ESV) 
I can't even put into words the fullness that the Lord is bringing me even at this moment, and I mean, I'm a brand new Journalism minor, so I know words. Trust me. 
In Paul's opening in his letter to the Philippians, he breaks the ice with, "In all of my prayers for all of you, I will always pray with joy." This joy that he feels he uses frequently through out the New Testament describing it as something that abounds in places when doing ministry. What a year it has been for the abundance of joy and the newness of life. 
So though, often I found myself seeking after control of everything, and being anxious easily. I just wanted everything to be perfect, my home, my friends, my family, my freshmen. I wanted them all to have lives that were perfect and easy, and I wanted to supply that for them. Man. Let me tell you, as an imperfect earthen vessel, I really suck at supplying perfection. 
My GBH
Isn't it crazy how the simplest of truths are also the most powerful ones? This life that we live, it isn't for ourselves, it ultimately isn't even for others, it is for the Lord and for the furthering of the gospel. These freshmen in my life, they never belonged to me, they belonged to Christ, even in a secular organization. He holds them well in His loving sovereignty.
"For the Earth is the Lords, and everything within it." 
This verse appears in 1 Corinthians 10 in and Psalm 24. I'm glad God saw fit to repeat this to us. IT'S SO SIMPLE, and yet the most convicting. Nothing I have to offer is of any real use to Him, everything He's given to me is already His.
Such good, concise, and convicting Truth the Spirit brings.

Comments

Popular Posts