Out of surgery! Headed to ICU!

Just went into a consultation room with dad's surgeon.
He said dad is doing AWESOME. His exact words were "pleased." And that "it went the best it could have."
He should be waking up in the next 30 minutes to an hour. They plan on moving him into ICU. Now pray for a smooth finish and wake up. The first thing they'll be checking is his vision, and watching it closely.  There's a strong chance of diabetes insipidus setting in with this kind of thing. It's a different kind of diabetes (see website below).
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-insipidus/DS00799
He's going to have a pretty bad headache. They're going to give him all kinds of feel good medicine, but there's a lot of packing in his head right now. And air.
He's always been kind of an air head.
Pray for comfort for my sweet dad as he recovers.
Thanks Team Maire. Leg one of this race is coming to a close.

Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. (Psalm 51:8 ESV)

I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together! I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:1-4)

Love

Comments

Popular Posts