Just Plane Thinking

(see what I did there?) Well. Here I am. On a plane. To Guatemala--about to be in the place I've been dreaming of since november. I can't even believe it. Honestly, it hasn't hit me, which is weird. I'm absolutely the type of person that gets excited easily. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited, I guess what I'm feeling is that this just doesn't feel real yet! I'm going to be gone for a whole entire month! (aside: flight attendant just offered me wine. I giggled, then said no thank you. (another aside: I'm flying first class. for free. Swag.)) Anyways. I'm just thinking a lot! I have no idea what to expect, and this excites me. I am embarking upon an adventure into the completely unknown, since I have no expertise of my own to rely on, I'll be leaning on the Lord!  Please pray against spiritual warfare that's likely to take place in feeling inadequate. Also pray against feeling overly adequate. As an only child, and also as a sinner in need of grace, I struggle a lot with pride. Just pray that my knowledge of Spanish and major in International Studies doesn't go to my head.  Keep praying for Matt and Dawn. They did an amazing jobs sending me off at the airport! Love you guys!! I made a new friend today! Her name is Kelly. She is so sweet and so good to talk to.  It never ceases to amaze me how the Spirit makes instant friends! I knew it was destiny after i met her and she told me she had to "tinkle." so funny. Hope she's cool with me blogging that...She is also interning with Camino Global this summer, but will be working at a daycare outside of the largest dump in central america. Prayers for Kelly too! We will be going through customs together and will spend a few days in the city together in the city with the other interns as well.  I am currently looking out the window at clouds with the deep blue below me. This s unreal. This is corny, but flying always makes heaven feel closer. I feel the same way about being in Aggieland.  Well. The flight attendant just brought me free ice cream and coffee. That must be tended to.  Thanks. Gigem. God bless.  The Guatemala bound Gringa.  1 Timothy 2 is so fitting right now! Pray for All People 2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2  for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man[a] Christ Jesus, 6  who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. 7  For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle ( I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. 8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; 9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, 10  but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works. 11 Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. 12  I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. 13  For Adam was formed first, then Eve; 14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. 15 Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

Comments

  1. I love that I was a stop along your educational journey. You were an amazing 5th grader, and I can only imagine the wonderful things you will do with your life. Makes me proud to know you! And you better believe I will be following your Guatemala Adventures! xoxo - Mrs. V

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts