The Latest from Team Maire's Communications Chair.

This blog goes far too neglected far too often, but with reason I suppose.
(Intrigued? Read on. You won't be disappointed.)

The last post on here is from mid July, it's been about 3 months since then. As you probably could have guessed, I made it back from Peru back in one piece, and have since indulged in America to my heart's content and beyond. I've started school full time again, and an internship, I'm getting to serve in tow  campus ministries, as well as my in my church and Life Group. I also have a boyfriend named Daniel Parker and I think he's the coolest.

Landing back in America was wonderful. I understood everything that was going on! And the order of everything just made sense! It was so refreshingly different from everything I'd experienced the previous 75 days. 

I got my passport looked over by customs, sighed a happy, happy sigh, and literally ran my cart full of luggage through the sliding glass doors keeping me from the limbo land of customs, and freedom, and embraced that beautiful family of mine. 

Daniel was there too.

Dad handed me a bouquet of flowers, pulled that coveted and dearly missed Aggie ring out of his pocket, and slid it back into home on my finger. I was home, I couldn't even believe it. The feeling of home was just so new but so familiar at the same time. Such a sweet moment.

Pops drove our happy little car from DFW to the Town of the Mound, and I don't think I stopped talking or bouncing up and down the entire way. We arrived at Maire Manor, unloaded my things from the Sequoia, and were greeted by the cutest doggie duo this side of the Mississippi has ever seen. My parents promptly pulled me into their bedroom, Daniel patiently waited outside.

I was at a loss for thoughts when they asked to speak with me alone in their bedroom. This kind of thing hadn't happened since I was 5 and had put on two "Princess Emily Ballerina Shows" too many at a dinner party.

Dawn (aka Mama Maire) took a deep breath, told me everything was okay, and went on to inform me that my dad has a brain tumor.

It's noncancerous, which is so great--but a noncancerous brain tumor is so much way different than a noncancerous anythingelse tumor.

My favorite man in the whole wide world is having brain surgery in Pittsburgh on November 7th. They're gonna get that sucker out of there, and it is my great privilege to be the communications chair for Team Maire as we fight this fight together.

Keep up with my blog for the latest, and for prayer requests.

God is a good father, and my earthly father has been such a perfect representation of my heavenly father's love for me.

We've become affectionately referred to by the our team of doctors as "Team Maire," a term that my mom coined for all of us. Since then, my parent's community at church have adapted the term, and this morning were all wearing Aggie maroon and white t-shirts with "Team Maire" emblazoned across them, and Psalm 68:19
Praise be to the LORD, to the God our savior who daily bears our burdens.  
Being a four hour drive away from home right now is tough on the littlest Maire. Having brothers and sisters in Christ in their community at home love my sweet mom and dad so well brings comfort that impossible to articulate.

Our family has a sweet habit of just texting each other the word "Love." Randomly throughout the day.  It's something that I'm going to adapt as this blog continues.

Love.


Team Maire, feet in.


Comments

  1. We will be keeping your Family in our thoughts and prayers! We will also send prayers to his team of doctors that they are able to do what is needed to get the tumor and your Dad can be on his road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts